I have come to believe that pondering is an important activity. In those quiet moments the Lord can speak to us in a very personal way and we can come to know the things He would have us do.
Often we can become discouraged as Karen mentioned in her post. Whether we have little ones that require our attention, or we have pneumonia and can't do all we used to be able to for a time, or we are getting older and tire out faster, or we just have lists that are longer than our days, I believe that if we take time to ponder, the Lord will help us put everything in perspective and we will accomplish the most important things for that day.
President Monson quoted Ecclesiastes 9:11, "The race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong." He then said, "Actually the prize belongs to him or her who endures to the end." The important thing is not where we are on the ladder or how quickly we are moving; what really matters is which direction we are headed.
I love each of you and appreciate the good things you are doing in your lives. Have a meaningful day!
Sweet! Thanks mom. I love hearing messages like this. Especially on the days that I am barely hanging on to the ladder, and definitely not moving up very quickly!! :)
ReplyDelete