Here are some pictures of Luke and I on our fairly recent backpacking trip (thanks to Mom for watching the kids!). We had a fun two days and one night. Except for the fact that I was terrified of coming across a bear the whole time!
Sunday, October 23, 2011
Singing and Backpacking
I was asked to sing at three different events today at church. Sometimes there is a drought, and sometimes it pours! I'm pretty excited. I love to sing. One of the people who asked me to sing with him was on American Idol a few years ago. He actually made it to Hollywood. We sang at the ward Christmas party last year together. He has an incredible voice. Maybe I could just do hand movements behind him to make the song more interesting. Singing with him is a little intimidating.
Here are some pictures of Luke and I on our fairly recent backpacking trip (thanks to Mom for watching the kids!). We had a fun two days and one night. Except for the fact that I was terrified of coming across a bear the whole time!


This is Luke with his pistol and bear spray right after we thought we were goners for SURE. It turned out that the loud yawn sound and woofing (which I hope I never hear again) was from a bull moose and not a bear, which came up over the hill only 20 yards away or so. I had my pistol and bear spray, too (although a two-inch barreled pistol probably wouldn't have done much!). From the genuinely scared look on Luke's face at the time, I knew that he thought it was a bear, too, and not just one of my scaredy-pants imaginings.
We did make it back safe and sound. I'm owing it to the fact that Grandma said she was praying really hard that we wouldn't come across a bear! Who wants to come with us next time?!
Here are some pictures of Luke and I on our fairly recent backpacking trip (thanks to Mom for watching the kids!). We had a fun two days and one night. Except for the fact that I was terrified of coming across a bear the whole time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Good times! I sure enjoyed playing with the boys while you were gone. Let's do it again sometime!
ReplyDeleteI want to hear you sing!
YES! I want to come with you! Can you do all the packing, cooking, cleaning, prep, take down, laundry, and recovery! :)
ReplyDeleteGlad you guys had a nice trip. It sounds like a lot of fun .... minus the bear scare.
I'm in... I really miss the mountains!
ReplyDeleteI'm taking you up on that Kathryn! How's next September?
ReplyDeleteWhat kind of a pistol do you have, Michelle? I'm in the market for one....some day. And how do you like it? What is the recoil like?
ReplyDeleteSusan-Charter Arms Pink Lady .38 special. It's small, not that fun to shoot because of the recoil (due to the short barrel) and the short grip is not my favorite, but I'm glad I have it. It's a good concealed carry weapon. I wouldn't want anything bigger. Not enough room in my pants! Ha ha. I really don't carry it around all the time. I like it.
ReplyDelete