Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Halloween

I hope everyone had a wonderful Halloween. I hope we all get to see pics REALLY soon of all the kiddos dressed up. I tried to write this blog post from my phone while waiting 2 hours for my car to be done, but all it would let me do was post the picture. So I just thought I'd tell you all about our fun Halloween. We started out at Paul's work, and went around to all the City Office's in the building, and the kids ended up with a bag full of candy. After that we went up to Park City and had dinner with Tom (Sheryl was at work), and then Tom and Paul took the kids over to the Trunk or Treat that the Ward had up there. The kids once again got a pretty decent amount of candy out of that. And then if that wasn't enough, we took them out for two hours and walked up and down the streets of Jeremy Ranch begging for even more candy. (The houses are spaced so far apart, and the driveways are so long.) Like I mentioned on Facebook (evil word, I know), Alexia got scared at one of the first houses we came to because they had a dog, so the whole night was spent calming her down after every single house that had a dog ... which was a lot of the houses. Braden was embarrassed to have us there, as he wanted us to stay at the bottom of the driveways, but Alexia was paranoid of dogs, so one of us had to go up close to the door so that we could grab her if a dog came out. We told Braden that next year he could go with his BFF Diego, if he's available. We got the kids home around 10 PM and we have all been eating candy non-stop since then. I saw a really cute idea from Pinching Your Pennies that talked about wrapping the candy in plastic wrap in a long "chain" with one or two pieces of candy in each section and using it as a countdown until Christmas. I told the kids about it, and they liked the idea of having a Christmas Countdown, but didn't want to "waste" the Halloween candy on it. I might steal 50 pieces and do it anyway.

Love you all, and hope that everyone had a safe Halloween. Pics ASAP!! :)

1 comment: