The entire October Ensign is about the Book of Mormon. I would suggest reading the article by Elder D. Todd Christofferson, about how to study the scriptures. I strongly encourage all of us to spend a little time in the scriptures every day, even if it is just for a few minutes. If we will prayerfully read and ponder in the scriptures every day, we will still have the time we need to do all of the other things and the energy we need to do them. We will also receive inspiration to know how to deal with our challenges, whether they be children, work, callings etc. Think of it as a tithing on our time.
Thursday, November 3, 2011
PONDERINGS
This morning I was reading in 2 Nephi 12:2. Yes, this is one of the Isaiah chapters which I have actually grown to love. This verse refers to "the mountain of the Lord's house", which is the temple and says that it will be established in the "top of the mountains". It is interesting that Utah is the Ute Indian word for "top of mountain". Footnote c in that verse takes us to 3 Nephi 24:1. In this verse the Savior is referred to as "the messenger of the covenant". I looked in the Topical Guide under "Jesus Christ, Messenger of the Covenant". As I studied these verses I gained a stronger appreciation for the Messenger and His wonderful message.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thanks for the scripture mom. I know I could be a lot better at my personal scripture study then I am now. I'm so grateful to you and your testimony. Now to go do some scripture study and Ensign reading! :) I can't wait to get the November Ensign! (Is this one always late??) I was a little Jet-lagged during conference and could really use the refresher on what was said.
ReplyDeleteI liked the comment about it being a "tithing on our time". That idea will be helpful to me when I don't read in the morning and am ready to just crash at night!
ReplyDelete