So, there I was at church (yes all of my stories start with "there I was", no idea why haha)... We meet in the second floor of a 20+ story high-rise building with an open breezeway from the conference room to the classrooms, escalator that goes straight down into the parking lot, and hallways that echo throughout all the rooms. It seems like I have the most unruliest kids in the branch on top of it...but anyway, this is not the most kid friendly place. The worst part about it, though, is that there are 6 elevators in the middle of all the classrooms where everyone gets out after church. I had both kids by myself at church, got them both out of nursery and was struggling to try and hold both of their hands, both which were trying to free themselves from evil mom, when Adam went one way and Abby went the opposite way, of course towards the elevators. By the time I grabbed Adam and went back for Abby, I heard the "ding" of the elevator and saw the doors as they were just closing. Frantically, I gave Adam to my home teacher that happened to be standing there, got in one of the elevators, looked at the row of buttons that went all the way to over 20 floors, and realized that she could have pushed any button and could be on any floor. I first tried level "B1", which was an underground parking lot (where the young men go after church to check out the ferrari's and lamborghini's). Then I tried the first floor, where I tried to explain to the guards in Chinese that my small 3 year old child had gotten in the elevator by herself. I stood there for a minute and tried to come up with a plan to find Abby, as it would take way too long to try to stop at every floor in the elevator and check for her, when out came my home teacher holding Adam and Abby. Abby, of course, was not frightened at all, but said "Hey, mom. I'm here!" She had not gotten in the elevator after all, but had just been running around the second floor. So, don't let this cute little face fool you...this little Abby is no angel.
I love it! That Abby is a doll. I think you probably should force someone to help you get to and from Church if Ian can't come. Your kids are a little ... ummm .... what's the word ....... strong willed.
ReplyDeleteYour building isn't all that kid friendly, I'm sorry. I guess it's not meant to be, seeing as it isn't a church but a business conference center. But look at all of these cool stories you are going to be able to tell ...
PS. Your floor looks REALLY clean ... no more black feet, I guess! Nice!
ReplyDeleteShe looks quite angelic to me! Love the striped tights. Wish I could get away with wearing those. Maybe when I'm 80 and senile. Sure hope you are writing down all these adventures! You could certainly fill up a book with Abby's naughtiness.
ReplyDeleteAnd I thought changing a poopy diaper EVERY SINGLE SUNDAY during church for the past few months was ridiculous! You trumped me!
ReplyDeleteKaren-it was a secret about our feet being black when we walked on our floor... actually the ayi mops every other day and they still get really dirty. That's what comes from living in Shanghai and having a dog too... just don't get me started complaining about the dog...
ReplyDeleteOh, Kathryn. For what it's worth- we love you all tons (and are glad we're not in your shoes during your many adventures).
ReplyDelete